What We Do
Provide Housing and
Our purpose is to provide and lead the Housing Agenda in North Queensland and advocate towards stronger more sustainable policies and programs for disadvantaged groups, in particular Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As a provider of social housing, Yumba-Meta Limited provides affordable, secure and appropriate housing throughout Townsville to individuals and families on low to moderate incomes and to those people who face difficulty in securing affordable accommodation through the private rental market.
The Yumba-Meta Limited housing management approach is:
- To deliver high quality housing services to clients
- To provide housing located in mixed tenure developments, in good locations
- To reduce the occupancy costs for tenants through good environmental design and good location close to public transport and services
- Ensure tenancy sustainability through effective management
- To provide an accessible and transparent service to all clients
- To encourage and support tenant involvement in their housing and the organisation